Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TOP 5 REASONS WHY I LOVE HALLOWEEN!! By: SASHA SLAUGHTER

Hi there spooks and spookettes!!! Sasha Slaughter here with you for yet another week of pre-Halloween awesomeness!! This week I'll be sharing a few of my favorite things with you! First off, I'll be telling you my top 5 reasons why I absolutely love Halloween...and who doesn't?? And for the rest of week I'll be pleasing your peepers with my top 5 favorite Halloween candies and my top 5 MUST SEE Halloween movies. So let's get this thing going shall we???

5. HAUNTED HOUSE TOURS- These tours make my list because they are just damn fun. I try and make it to at least one every Halloween, although I will say, I've been slacking. Nonetheless, haunted house tours are awesome! I remember going to my first tour when I was 16 with my mom and two best friends. We went to Hegarty's mansion (Now known as Ravenwood Manor, located in PA) and it was incredible! There was a different theme in every room, from a gruesome surgery gone wrong to a dead woman haunting the mansion. The people that give the tours are really professional and the actors are amazing! I've also been to Field of Screams and Jason's Woods (Also located in PA) and they were both incredibly scary. There was a haunted hay ride and a haunted mansion filled with scares around every corner. If you've never been to a haunted house tour on Halloween, I suggest you try it!

4. COSTUMES- Ahh yes...dressing up is a HUGE part of Halloween. I've been a witch, a tainted fairy (yeah yeah, TAINTed...haha) little red riding hood (give me a break, I was a kid!) and a hippie in 6th grade...Ohh memories! Anyway! Costumes are just awesome. I mean, you can literally be anything you want to be! The possibilities are endless and you get to use your imagination, which is the best part. Although, something that kind of irks me about Halloween is the fact that some women use it as a chance to dress skanky....Really?? You can dress like a whore for the other 364 days out of the year, Halloween is the one day you get to be something gross or scary...and you wanna dress like a hooker?? Suck it!!

3. ATMOSPHERE- I love love love the feeling in the air during Halloween. I can't describe it. It's just this amazing peaceful aura of the month of October. The cool crisp air blowing through the trees, the leaves turning brilliant oranges and reds, and everything pumpkin of course, can't forget about that. Fall is my favorite time of year. Everyone slows down a little...it's a really peaceful feeling. The weather gets cooler, the days get shorter, and it makes me feel all cozy and at peace.

2. CANDY- Well hell yeah, what is Halloween without candy??? That's one of the highlights of Halloween, no?? Well maybe when I was a kid it was, but now, not so much. But candy still made the list at number 2. Seeing all of the little kids going door to door dressed up makes me reminisce about the times when that was me, dressed up as a little witch and being excited about all the candy I had...until my parents ate it..lol. Now that I'm a little too old to be trick or treating I'm doing the handing out of the candy to those excited little ghouls that remind me of me when I was their age.


1. HORROR MOVIE MARATHONS- Now that were done with that stroll down memory lane, let's talk about the endless amounts of horror movies that come on TV in October. I LOVE horror movies, and having a nonstop marathon of them all day and night is like an orgasm to my eyes!!  All of the blood, guts, and screams are sure to get anyone in the Halloween kinda mood. Works for me every time!! But I will say that it annoys me when they play the same horror movies over and over again...*ahem AMC and Halloween 4* =) But I won't complain too much, I'm just happy to see some violence and blood to get me in the Halloween spirit.

So there you have it stranger dangers, the top 5 reasons why I love Halloween. Perhaps some of you weirdos out there can relate, yes??? And since you're here creeping on my stuff, stop by and see what Zane has in store for you!! I know he wants you to look, he's into that kind of thing!! And thanks for stopping by Dead End Horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment