Thursday, September 15, 2011

ANY DAWGS IN THE HOUSE! WOOF, WOOF, WOOF,WOOF! By: ZOMBIE ZANE

Heya Dead End Horror fans that look like your mothers and dress like Tom Brady! I guess it’s that time once again to do what we do here and talk some horror. I know I’m geeked about it. What about you?

Anyway, I’m a little late on getting this post out, I had some technical difficulties earlier in the day and well, for most of the evening I’ve been watching LSU vs. MISS ST. Goddamn it! I hate ESPN’S Streak for the Cash! Fucking fickle whore of a game.  In case you were wondering, I took MISS ST as the upset special and I’m getting the shaft. BOOM BOOM BOOM UP MY ASS! They’re down 10 and it ain’t looking good.
                                                                                 
See the above picture? That's me! LSU just won! SHIT! Sorry, I know this ain’t a sports blog. My bad. Anyway, let’s cut the foreplay and get into today’s shit, yes?

So for today, I’m gonna be talking about the movie, “Straw Dogs.” Have yous seen the trailer to that shit yet? I don’t know, looks kinda good. I mean it is another remake. Didn’t know that did ya? Or maybe ya did. But big fucking shocker huh? Aren’t all the movies coming out remakes? Or stupid fucking wrestling robots. Stupid ass ‘Transformers.’ Even more retarded, “Real Steel.”
Fuck off outta here with that shit.

                                                                                   
 Anyway, “Straw Dogs” is actually a remake that looks somewhat promising. I’m cautiously optimistic about this one.  It opens tomorrow, September 16, so we’ll know here pretty soon if it’s just another shitty remake. The trailer kinda reminded of a cross between “The Strangers” and “Last House on the Left.” Which, by the way, are both pretty good movies. Especially “The Strangers.” That was fucking bad-ass.

Anyway, as I said this film is a remake of a 1971 film with the same name. The 1971 version of this movie starred Dustin Hoffman and was directed by Sam Peckinpah. It was also a very controversial film due to its extreme violence and rape scenes. This film sparked all kinds of controversy because some thought that it was bringing too much violence into the cinema. Really? Too much violence? Is there such a thing? I think not!
                                       
                                                                                 
So the big question is, will the remake suck the sac or not?

                                                                       
As far as I can tell, the plots are similar: A screenwriter and his wife go back to her hometown in the south to prepare her family’s home for sale after the passing of her father.  Anyway, once the couple get there, the shit hits the fan. There’s beef with the local yocals, there’s tension in the marriage, and to top it all, Amy’s (the screenwriter’s wife) ex boyfriend shows up and wants to create some drama. What a honeybadger he is!

                                                                                    
So see, it doesn’t sound that bad. Like I said, the plots are very similar. Maybe this film has kinda a “Cape Fear” element to it as well. We’ll just have to see. I’ve said it time and time again, I hate fuckin’ remakes. But there are some exceptions to the rule. Maybe this will be one of those exceptions.

Anyway, that’s all I got for you today. Be sure and peep out Sasha’s stuff as well. She always has something good going on. So until next time, take care, stay a-scared and I am out! Peace peace and dawggy grease!
ZOMBIE ZANE
                                                  



                                            



                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment