Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stay off the Moors By: Sasha Slaughter

Aww yeah, it's me again! How are you all you freaks out there doing? Thanks for stopping by today to see what's going on. I'll be keeping with the theme of "Shit I haven't seen" week, and I'll be telling you a little about the movie An American Werewolf in London. That again is shit I haven't seen. I wasn't even born when the movie came out. NEW SCHOOL! 

An American Werewolf in London is a 1981 horror film that was written and directed by John Landis. And here's a bit of info, the late Michael Jackson said that An American Werewolf in London was the reason he wanted Landis to work with him on his music videos for Thriller and Black and White. Who knew?? And in June in 2009, it was announced that a remake of the film was in the works, but has since been delayed due to other commitments. Let me watch it and tell you a little about it!
The film begins with two American friends, David and Jack, on a backpacking holiday in England. The men find a village pub but once inside, they realize they are not wanted there, and quickly leave. The men tell them to stay on the road and away from the moors. The two venture deep into the moors at night and hear strange noises that are dangerously close to them. They are attacked by a werewolf, which results in Jack's death and David being taken to a nearby London hospital. Shortly after, David begins seeing disturbing apparitions of Jack and having strange dreams. Jack tells David that when the next full moon comes David will transform into a werewolf and kill innocent people. He then tells David that his living-dead victims will wander in limbo until the last bloodline of the wolf is destroyed, meaning that David must die.
RAWR!!!!!!! I must say, I was really impressed with this movie. I am totally new school, but I enjoyed watching it. There was a mix of comedy and horror, and the music they played...it was perfect, it totally fit what was happening. I know I banged on John Landis before, because let's face it, Deer Woman sucked. But I think I might like him just a little bit now. He has redeemed himself. I have to say, the werewolf transformation scene was amazing. It was so creepy! Some parts were a tad cheesy, but for the most part it was incredible. I said the werewolf scene in Trick r' Treat was the best, I stand corrected.

The corpse of Jack was actually pretty entertaining, and he got creepier and creepier each time that he showed up. The special effects make up was phenomenal. Of course nowadays it's a bit dated, but still great nonetheless. 
Overall I'd give An American Werewolf in London a 3.5 out of 5. I was impressed with the special effects and the gore factor. I think that this just may be my new favorite werewolf movie. And I absolutely would watch this again...many times. Since you're checking out my stuff, go see Zane too, he loves company. Thanks for stopping by DEH.

No comments:

Post a Comment