Wednesday, January 18, 2012

KNIVES, DRILLS, & NUDITY BY: ZOMBIE ZANE

Hello Dead End Horror fans that grab crotches and dry hump the air until you nut in your undies. What’s good my notoriously bad at math friends? So as you know or may not know, this week Sasha and I are talking about slasher films. Hold all applause please.

So being a fan of these type of films, I thought it would be a good idea to list 10 of my favorite slasher movies. Now understand this, I’m gonna shy away from the most obvious ones. Like I’m gonna leave out, ‘Halloween,’ ‘Friday 13th’ etc. etc. Like we’ve all seen those so fuck it man. I just wanted to give you a little something different. I may throw in like one mainstream movie, but I doubt it. So, enough foreplay, let’s get to the list, yes?

ZOMBIE ZANE’S 10 SLASHER MOVIES THAT AREN’T NAMED HALLOWEEN OR FRIDAY 13th
 
10.  Psycho (1960) Probably the first ever slasher film. It has all of the elements. Crazy dude stabbing people with a butcher knife. Plus it has one of the most iconic kill scenes of all time.  
9.  American Psycho (2000) This is one kick-ass film! If you haven’t seen it yet, leave now and go watch it. It’s got blood, killing, nudity, sex, drugs, what more do you want? 
8.  April Fool’s Day (1986) Quirky, kinda funny, but all in all a good film. I wasn’t sure about putting this on the list, but what the fuck it made the cut. 
7.  Candyman (1992) I said no mainstream, but I couldn’t resist. One of my all time favorite movies. Tony Todd is a bad motherfucker! His voice alone will make you shit your pants. 
6.  Dr. Giggles (1992) This really is an odd film. But the kill scenes are rather amusing. I mean what’s not to like about a deranged dentist?  
5.  High Tension (2003) Also known as ‘Haute Tension,’ this is one bad mamma jamma! The opening few minutes are uber nasty! Plus this thing is rated NC-17. A must watch. 
4.  Slumber Party Massacre (1982) Classic 80's slasher film. It’s got some funny shit in it, so obviously it doesn’t get taken to seriously. But it’s still all kinds of fun. 
3.  Suspiria (1977) This bad boy is directed by Dario Argento. Which, if you remember we’ve talked about him on here before. Now this isn’t you’re typical slasher film, but still it’s good. 
2.  Sleepaway Camp (1983) Another one of my favorite films. A must see! All I’m gonna say here is, Angela....Egads! 
1.  The Driller Killer (1979) I saw this a while back. It actually came in one of my ‘bargain buy’ movie packs. Worth a watch, typical 1970's grainy kind look to it. But good fun.

Well, there you are. 10 slasher movies not named “Halloween” or “Friday 13th.” That was neato, huh? Anyway, be sure and see what Sasha is up to. I’m sure she’s up to something. So, until next time, take care, stay a-scared and I am out!

No comments:

Post a Comment